& Alternative Energy
Device, Pharma, Bioinformatics
Securities, Legal Services, Real Estate
Goods & Services, Food, Beverage
Biography and History
to starting her business, Ms. Houfek was employed for ten years by San
Francisco-based Fortune 500 companies in consumer products management
and marketing, and by an internationally-based advertising agency, managing
and advising on client new product development and market introduction.
She has written many articles and industry studies, speaks regularly for
organizations and at conferences, and has been an online expert giving
advice to entrepreneurs worldwide. She is currently on the board of the
Entrepreneurs Resource Network, Emeryville, California; is a Volunteer
Leader for the Stanford University Alumni Association; and was recently
President of the 400-member Stanford Women's Club of the East Bay.
Houfek is a native of Kenilworth, Illinois, attended New Trier High School
in Winnetka, Illinois, has her B.A. from Stanford University and her M.B.A.
from the Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley.
She also attended University of Wisconsin, where she was in the Honors Program and a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. She studied at Stanford-in-France
in Tours, France, and subsequently lived in Paris. Ms. Houfek is also
an artist, journalist and photographer, and published fiction writer.
Articles, Exhibits, Talks, and White Papers
- Author: "Adventures in Recreational Genomics," Realize Magazine. Three-part series on personalized genomics and the bioimformatics industry.www.realizemagazine.com/content/adventures-recreational-genomics
- Author:"A Salon for the 21st Century," Realize Magazine. Playful piece on history of European intellectual salons and current counterpart. www.realizemagazine.com/content/salon-21st-century
- Author and Photographer: "A Real Bohemian Explores Her Roots," Realize Magazine. History of and travel through Bohemia.www.realizemagazine.com/content/real-bohemian-explores-her-roots
- Author and Photographer: "A Sojourn in the Heart of Europe," Realize Magazine. Visit to Krakow, Poland. www.realizemagazine.com/content/sojourn-heart-europe
- Photography Exhibit: "Travels in Libya," Tomate Gallery, Berkeley, Ca.
- Author: "Perils and Pitfalls in Business Plan Preparation," VentureMomentum
"Developing an Effective Business Plan," Entrepreneurs Resource
Network, Emeryville, Ca.
expert: AllBusiness.com, San Francisco, Ca.
"Developing an Effective Business Plan," Frost & Sullivan
Conference, Santa Clara, Ca.
"Developing an Effective Business Plan," Multimedia Development
Group, Berkeley, Ca.
Paper Author: "Electronic Entertainment in the Home,"
Infotainment World, definitive industry analysis, published annually for five years
speaker: Electronic Entertainment Expo, Los Angeles, Ca.
"L.A. Parking Functions Coordinated," American City and
"VoiceMail: It's Bigger Than Just a Box," ProComm Magazine
speaker: Young Alumni Council, U.C. Berkeley
S.F. Chamber of Commerce, Business Volunteers for the Arts, San Francisco,
speaker: Golden Gate University Career Conference, San Francisco,
speaker: U.C. Berkeley Women in Management, Berkeley, Ca.
moderator: Women's Career Weekend, San Francisco, Ca.
French Language Study Group, Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, Ca.